What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Difficulty Uploading G3X v9.13

Terry Lutz

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I am having trouble loading v9.13. I have downloaded it to my Mac (downloaded the correct one), unzipped it, and copied it to an SD card that I have used for other downloads, including v9.01 just last month. I have tried to upload it twice now, with no luck. I have followed the instructions, except that I am challenged and do not know how to put the Garmin folder to the top level (root directory) of the SC card. The Garmin folder is there, but a ways down in the list when I look what's on the SD card. I B needing some travel tips to get v9.13 loaded. Thanks!

I am having trouble loading v9.13. I have downloaded it to my Mac (downloaded the correct one), unzipped it, and copied it to an SD card that I have used for other downloads, including v9.01 just last month. I have tried to upload it twice now, with no luck. I have followed the instructions, except that I am challenged and do not know how to put the Garmin folder to the top level (root directory) of the SC card. The Garmin folder is there, but a ways down in the list when I look what's on the SD card. I B needing some travel tips to get v9.13 loaded. Thanks!

A Mac will work just fine. The card should have nothing else on it. If unsure reformat it as suggested above then it is just a matter of dragging the Blue "Garmin" folder from your Mac to the newly formatted card.

SD Card Type

Good Morning Terry,

Do you know what size SD card you are using? If it is greater than 32 GB it will not work, the G3X Touch display is limited to SD and SDHC (not SDXC) type cards.

Thanks,

Justin

On Macs, I launch "Disk Utility" and use "Erase" on my SD card before doing a Garmin update. That way I know for sure there's nothing else on it. Use format "MS-DOS (FAT32)" and it will result in an empty SD card ready for that "Garmin" folder.

Back