What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Day trip to the swamps of Georgia

pierre smith

Well Known Member
...actually, the marsh lands and Ocean. Met Kevin Horton from Canada and visited some old friends again. It's great to go 127 miles in under 40 minutes....this after Church and lunch.

Here's left base into Eagle Neck
leftbasefg7.jpg

Final approach heading south
finaleagleak1.jpg

At Jack and Carol's new home..the -9A inside and our -6A outside
jackcarolep1.jpg

A little sightseeing after departure, looking east toward the Atlantic...we're about 30 miles south of Savannah, Ga.

marsheastviewcx1.jpg

That's why we keeping pounding rivets, guys/gals...

Regards,

we probably passed at some point, Pierre. went to jeckyl with one of my friends that same day.

Nice pictures Pierre. We are hoping to fly to Jekyll this Saturday for my daughter's cheerleading competition.
I can't stand the thought of driving 3 hours when we could fly it in 1. :)
Let's hope for some good flying weather.

Beautiful pictures

Pierre,
I know you had a great time! The scenery is outstanding. I am going to have to go up to Bush Field soon for an IFR avionics check and would like to stop off to see you on the way back....if they don't take too long at Abbas and there is not too much cross wind.

Cleve

Cool Pierre! Turns out Sue and I flew down to Hilton Head Friday and back today. An hour -- Athens to the SC coast.

I'd love to meet Kevin sometime, I used his website a lot! Actually, still do

I "have" to stare at those ugly swamps everyday I look out my back door. Sometimes when the tide is really high and the wind blows just right my backyard get consumed by the swamp.

Yeah, right!!

Todd,
Don't strain yourself!!:D That marsh is one of the most relaxing views that Jenny and I have ever seen...the reason we went to Eagle Neck in the first place....to look at airpark homes....with miles of open water and marsh with no houses in front of you...whew!

Regards,

Back