What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Data Card Programmer LED not responding

Paul Thomas

Well Known Member
I'm looking for some advice. I have a 430W and need to update the databases but the Garmin Data Card Programmer LED not responding, the led light is not even turning on.

Garmin has advice for those using Window, but not Mac. It appears that I have a drivers issue. Does anyone know how to fix it?

I'm using a MacBook, the Garmin Aviation Database Manager, the Garmin Data Card Programer (011-01277-20) which uses USB so I have the apple adaptor from USB to USB C to make the connection. I've tried other adapters in case the apple adaptor was the issue.

I really would like to update my databases today; Garmin support is closed over the weekend. Any advice is appreciated.

Paul

I'm looking for some advice. I have a 430W and need to update the databases but the Garmin Data Card Programmer LED not responding, the led light is not even turning on.

Garmin has advice for those using Window, but not Mac. It appears that I have a drivers issue. Does anyone know how to fix it?

I'm using a MacBook, the Garmin Aviation Database Manager, the Garmin Data Card Programer (011-01277-20) which uses USB so I have the apple adaptor from USB to USB C to make the connection. I've tried other adapters in case the apple adaptor was the issue.

I really would like to update my databases today; Garmin support is closed over the weekend. Any advice is appreciated.

Paul
I'd be very surprised if you could get this sorted today. The Garmin software is better than it used to be (and better than Jepp....) but it's still pretty bad. As an interim measure, I'd find somebody with a PC and get set up on that.

this can be a frustrating procedure for sure. this is my 3rd or 4th process in the past 20 or so years. works excellent. have never used Garmin though. even have experience with a wombat for what that is worth. o_O good luck. IMG_5977.jpeg

this can be a frustrating procedure for sure. this is my 3rd or 4th process in the past 20 or so years. works excellent. have never used Garmin though.
Why would you post this? The OP clearly stated he has the Garmin data card programmer and is thus using the Garmin app.

So...to the OP. I had issues with the Garmin app and data card programmer once, about 6 months ago...wouldn't read the card, thus couldn't program, etc. A call to Garmin and they set me up with a download for a repair program that fixed things up quickly. Best bet is to contact them (although customer support is only open business hours M-F, IIRC).

Problem solved: when I plug the reader in, there is a flash on the screen, but the box was not visible. Clicking where the flash appeared, I needed to authorized the use of the device in the setting. Plugging the box in and out a couple time allowed me to click in the right place at the right time.

The Nav database updated successfully but I'm getting an error on the Terrain databased. I'll figure that out tonight or tomorrow and it will likely require another call to Garmin. I was pleasantly surprised with how friendly their CSR was.

Thank you all,

Paul

Back