What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crush washer

Ron B.

Well Known Member
My 210 hp IO-390 takes an AN900-16 crush washer. Looking for crush washers for a friend’s IO-390 with 215 hp and the case is different. I think the oil screen crush washer is bigger but not sure. Can someone tell me the size on the exp 236 I think this model is called.
Thanks

RE: Crush Washer

Lycoming states that the YIO-390-EXP119 series is based off of the IO-390C model engines. Use that as your parts source. I asked for a separate parts catalog. Lycoming stated that there is none publicly available at this time.

The -236 is a variant from the base EXP-119. For example, mine is a -241 due to my ignition choices.

Please post your answer to the question. My consumables list is not yet complete.

Yes, if you are looking for a crush washer for the oil screen, it is different size and AN900-20 (1.25") will fit it. But the beauty is that the oil screen is right at the bottom and pulling it is super easy unlike the standard IO-390

Thanks, I knew it was easy because I helped another friend change his but I forgot to check what size the washer was, I was just quite sure it was larger than mine.
Thanks again

Done that many times on other post but did not want to go through on this one. I will try again now.

Back