What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Construction Manual

GregMac

I’m doing a project/rebuild on a 2008 seven that was damaged in a landing roll over. The HS (horizontal stabiliser) has had numerous upgrades since then and they are shown on the latest electronic plans available on Vans Account “my aircraft” …. Not absolutely needed but does anyone know if the latest FlashDrive available from Vans reflects not only the plans but also the Construction Manual upgrades specifically for the horizontal Stabilizer ? Alternatively maybe a recent seven builder would be willing to share just the HS portion of the Construction Manual ?

I’m doing a project/rebuild on a 2008 seven that was damaged in a landing roll over. The HS (horizontal stabiliser) has had numerous upgrades since then and they are shown on the latest electronic plans available on Vans Account “my aircraft” …. Not absolutely needed but does anyone know if the latest FlashDrive available from Vans reflects not only the plans but also the Construction Manual upgrades specifically for the horizontal Stabilizer ? Alternatively maybe a recent seven builder would be willing to share just the HS portion of the Construction Manual ?

Yes it does. Alternatively, after logging in and under the same page of "My Aircraft" click on "Download Kit Plans" and all the manual sections are listed there too. You're looking for RV-7 Manual Section 6-10 (Rev5 dated 7/11/22), Section 6: Empennage specifically. They should be the latest version.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply’s, especially Carlos, the information I wanted is in the “my aircraft” section, I just hadn’t picked up on it. (blind I guess) …. Very good resource made available by Vans.

Back