What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cockpit layout and controls on Vans SLSA

Ex Bonanza Bucko

Well Known Member
I would really like to see a layout of the complete cockpit in a Vans factory SLSA. Specifically where are the headset and stereo music inputs/outputs?

I would also love to learn whether or not the Garmin GTR200 radio talks to the Skyview for frequencies etc.

I have one on order with the Skyview knobs etc.

To my knowledge Vans has never put out the info above.

Thanks,
EBB

Vans' new RV-12 SLSA site has very good photos of the panel and the cockpit arrangement on the 'gallery' page. The mic and phone jacks are in the seat ramp floors next to the sidewalls. Note the two adjacent holes in the floor, on each side.

IMG_0781.jpg

It is my understanding that the GTR200 does interface with the Skyview.

I hope you can make it to the Chino air show this Saturday. I've been asked to display my -12 ELSA project in the RV Fly-In area, same hangar row, about midway. Be glad to answer any questions...that's what it'll be there for. The photo above was taken a while back. Current config is quite farther along.

Last edited:
In my SLSA you are able to load frequencies from the Skyview to the GTR200.
The stereo input is right by the 12v outlet which is between the seats facing forward so iPod etc can rest on the floor without any problems.
The headset jacks are outside the seats between the bulkhead and the seats.
Hope this helps.

Cockpit layout

Thanks guys. I appreciate your input. But I have another question: What is the red button on the panel between the throttle and the choke?

EBB:)

That red button is the autopilot disconnect. The Skyview lets you give it some other functions as well.

Back