What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Clear Air Tools Rivet Gauge

DMFenster

Well Known Member
Does anyone know where I might get a -4 gauge from these folks? Seems the website is gone. My -4 gauge has taken a vacation somewhere (apparently) far-far away. I like it better than the "Avery" rivet gauges as it has more info.
Dave

Attachments

• Rivet Guage.jpg
    Rivet Guage.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 119
Wonderful rivet gauge, best ever. I have a -3 and -4. A couple of years ago I contacted Clear Air to buy some spares (can never have too many rivet gauges) and the owner told me he had discontinued them as he wasn't making any money on them. A shame.

Maybe we could entice him to make some more. Personally, I'd pay 25++ bucks each. They are that good. Does anyone happen to have his contact info?
Dave

Last edited:
Fred Kunkel retired and closed Clear Air Tools when COVID stopped almost everything. He did have some stuff left over that he was going to store in is shed at home. I was able to get one of his last rivet squeezers right before he closed his business.

I just sent him an email with a link to this thread. We may see a response if the email I have is still valid.

Edit to add:
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error.

The following address failed:

SMTP error from remote server for RCPT TO command, host: al-ip4-mx-vip2.prodigy.net (144.160.235.144) reason: 550 5.2.1 ... Addressee unknown

Last edited:
Yea - Stainless. What I liked about them is they gave 2 data points. Max and Min; while the Avery gauges gave one data point - (optimal, I presume (never used the Avery gauges)). So for example, if I wanted to be on the low end (fiberglass) I could tell, but still be within spec.

No idea what I paid for them. Bought them 20+ years ago.

Dave

Back