What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Check Settings after Dynon SW Upgrade

Tacco

Well Known Member
So on my first flight after I uploaded the latest software, I was in the vicinity of a local Class C. I normally request VFR flight following when near it, but traffic was light so I was just monitoring their frequency. I heard several traffic advisories that made it pretty easy to figure out that I was the subject of the advisory. What caught my attention was that I was being reported by ATC as "altitude unknown". Took a while to sink in but I finally looked down and found my transponder in STBY mode. Huh? So I turned it on. Previously, I had always flown with my transponder in the automatic mode (ATL or GND was always displayed) and don't ever remember having to physically turn it on, it came up in automatic mode during power up. Cant remember if I set the automatic mode or it was a pre-set. When I landed, I checked the set up - it said NONE for the automatic mode selection.

So...be thorough in reviewing your set-up configuration. FYI, I used the Van's download but like I said, I can't remember if I set the automatic mode in the original software load or it was a pre-set.

Back