What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Chasing down an order from Van’s - any suggestions?

Driving '67

Well Known Member
Friend
Im reluctantly posting this as I understand that Vans is very busy but I’m trying to chase an order from Van’s and can’t get anywhere. I placed an order (approx $1100) in early October for parts to re-build a rudder for my flying RV14A and items for my annual. I received a email from Vans November 28 that my order was shipping. I was literally boarding a ship for a 2 week cruise and we wouldn’t be home for 3 weeks. I called Vans asked the Kim C if there was any way Vans could hold the order for 2 weeks. No Problem. Vans declares Chapter 11 two days later.

When I got home I’ve tied several times to chase down the order. No tracking number has ever been issued but I’ve been billed. I explain what happened and the people at Vans very politely say they look into it and I never hear back.

Any suggestions?
IMG_1180.jpeg

This might be a situation where a credit card chargeback might be a valid option. I’m pretty sure “I paid but didn’t get the good” is one of the options you can select.
Best case the credit card company bugging Vans gets things moving and you get your parts, worst case you get your money back.

Im reluctantly posting this as I understand that Vans is very busy but I’m trying to chase an order from Van’s and can’t get anywhere. I placed an order (approx $1100) in early October for parts to re-build a rudder for my flying RV14A and items for my annual. I received a email from Vans November 28 that my order was shipping. I was literally boarding a ship for a 2 week cruise and we wouldn’t be home for 3 weeks. I called Vans asked the Kim C if there was any way Vans could hold the order for 2 weeks. No Problem. Vans declares Chapter 11 two days later.

When I got home I’ve tied several times to chase down the order. No tracking number has ever been issued but I’ve been billed. I explain what happened and the people at Vans very politely say they look into it and I never hear back.

Any suggestions?
View attachment 54708
Hey call the Parts department. I talked to Pat today about my 8 rudder kit. They’re pulling those parts today. I am told to expect the email this week about the (expected) price increase. If I accept it and approve the credit card charge (which I will, of course), she said they plan to ship it toot sweet. That’s French.

Call and pester the Parts Department. I've heard stories of orders that have been picked and for some reason are sitting in shipping off in the corner.
Then the "I found it" reply and it gets sent. Worth a shot.

Thanks for the responses. I’ve called 4-5 times and tried to talk someone in shipping. Mysteriously the line gets disconnected. I guess I’ll stay with the definition of insanity ( keep doing the same thing hoping for a different result) and continue calling.

I really don’t want to go the refund route with the Credit Card company as it is a hassle for both parties. It might be the solution in the end and start over again.

Cheers Jim

Back