What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy Protective Film

9GT

Well Known Member
Patron
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the clear protective film that our canopies are covered with. I am the third builder of my 9-A kit and what’s on there now is pretty much trashed from hanger rash. I am going to fit and install the canopy and would like to peel the old stuff off and replace it before I do. The only thing I am coming up with is a self adhesive Cricket machine film,and carpet protector runner film that has a light adhesive on one side. The carpet film might work but the adhesive on it worries me?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the clear protective film that our canopies are covered with. I am the third builder of my 9-A kit and what’s on there now is pretty much trashed from hanger rash. I am going to fit and install the canopy and would like to peel the old stuff off and replace it before I do. The only thing I am coming up with is a self adhesive Cricket machine film,and carpet protector runner film that has a light adhesive on one side. The carpet film might work but the adhesive on it worries me?
Look for automotive "crash wrap" film that tow truck drivers use on vehicle windows that have been involved in an accident.

e.g.

I have used this stuff, it works great and is easily removed. They recommend at least 4 coats, I think I used a paint roller to apply, it dries pretty quickly.

Back