What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Calling All "TIGers"

HFS

Well Known Member
I've probably posted this before, but if not ...

If you TIG weld make, yourself some sort of adjustable torch hand rest - you might be surprised on how much better it can make the quality of your welds.

HFS

No Russ McCutcheon - but I get by.

Attachments

• TIG Torch Hand - Rest.JPG
    TIG Torch Hand - Rest.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 124
  • TIG Torch Hand Rest.jpg
    TIG Torch Hand Rest.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Several years back, I noticed the quality of my welds deteriorating noticeably. Ditching the bifocals for a pair of readers made a huge difference. Amazing how much better I could weld, when I could see what I was welding!
And yes, a comfortable steady rest is important.

Bill

Several years back, I noticed the quality of my welds deteriorating noticeably. Ditching the bifocals for a pair of readers made a huge difference. Amazing how much better I could weld, when I could see what I was welding!
And yes, a comfortable steady rest is important.

Bill
Magnifying lenses are also available for welding hoods. Plus 1 on steady rest.

I've probably posted this before, but if not ...

If you TIG weld make, yourself some sort of adjustable torch hand rest - you might be surprised on how much easier it can make the quality of your welds.

HFS

No Russ McCutcheon - but I get by.
I know Russ and I for one will say that he is indeed good at his trade. And he only lives 8 miles from me
And if I have any serious welding needing to be done he will be doing it.
My luck varies FIXIT

I know Russ and I for one will say that he is indeed good at his trade. And he only lives 8 miles from me
And if I have any serious welding needing to be done he will be doing it.
My luck varies FIXIT
With a “neighbor” like that, you don’t need luck …

HFS

Back