What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cables Thru Wiring Channel

Kazomike

I'm New Here
Friend
I'm installing a Stein circuit breaker panel and the Van's power module brackets. It has been difficult to route power wires from circuit breaker panel, WH-00125 harness, antenna cables, and pitot/static/AOA lines through F-14106 wiring channel and secure all.

Has anyone else experienced this difficulty? Are there any images available showing this routing? Feedback is appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike C

Mike,

If I understand correctly, you're having trouble getting all the wires to fit up through the "C" shaped supports on which the fuse panel is mounted. I found they won't fit without risking a short.

My solution is below:

Is this what your looking for?

Fred

My avionics tech buddies always recommended to space coax cables separate from electrical harnesses as much as possible. They suggested min 0.5" spacing from the harnesses.

Mike,

I just finished doing this. Basically did what Fred did except cut the forward tunnel cover to accommodate 2 snap bushings (#8 I believe). 2 main harness bundles turn up through the snap bushings. Easy to inspect but not visible unless looking for it.

There is a LOT more room there for cabling if you purchase and install the pieces that set the CB panel at an angle sloping away from the vertical. I think it is called the Power-Panel kit or something like that. It was designed to take a basic ATM fuse panel that hardly anyone use. The holes in Steins CB panel are the same as the ATM fuse panel the kit was designed for (Stein I think made the ATM panel).

You can see it in my setup below the excellent controls extension flange also made by Stein.....

Attachments

• 56723075597__A186BC78-AB08-4FE7-B804-51ADAD6DD782.jpg
    56723075597__A186BC78-AB08-4FE7-B804-51ADAD6DD782.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 108
Back