What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Boatman, Laboda, Wallace What Do You Think?

Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
In the last few years women writers have become a part of the regular writing staff of AOPA Pilot (Julie K. Boatman), EAA Sport Aviation (Amy Laboda) and Flying (Lane Wallace). How do you think they are doing? I think they have earned their stripes and then some. I especially like the engineering like depth of Boatman and the literary quality of Laboda.

Bob Axsom

A friend of mine (unnamed :D , building a -10, comes to the forums sometimes) has the hots for Lane Wallace.

Having said that, she is one of the few reasons I still read Flying magazine. Really like her articles. Someone should give her a ride in an RV - that would make a good writeup!

Thomas
-8 wings

TShort said:
A friend of mine (unnamed :D , building a -10, comes to the forums sometimes) has the hots for Lane Wallace.

Having said that, she is one of the few reasons I still read Flying magazine. Really like her articles. Someone should give her a ride in an RV - that would make a good writeup!

Thomas
-8 wings
Thomas,
Regarding your second comment, somebody already has. Check out the August 2004 issue (back issues available).

Regarding your first comment...like your friend, I'm guilty as charged... :D

Writers

I enjoy all three writers. I find it interesting that when I read Laboda or Wallace I can recognize their style and their gender very quickly. With Boatman, I don't ever recall reading an article written by her that revealed much of her personality. Perhaps this is what her editors want. A fan base tends to increase salaries!

Last edited:
Back