What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Backorder blues

nohoflyer

Well Known Member
Patron
I’m stuck at the finishing kit due to backordered parts. I just looked on the store and realize many of the parts are actually in stock.

Will vans send me these parts separately? Will I have to pay for shipping? I’m not sure why they haven’t shipped.

Hopefully you've read my response on the other thread. Yes they will send you the individual parts. Just order up.

Im seeing orders shipping to me in about 5-10 days. Ordering 2-3 times per week at this stage. Not holding anything in my saved cart. Handful of items ordered and then ship. Shipping is not going to break me at this stage.

BUT, Im only 200 miles from them unlike you.

Arnie

Yes I see your response. I’ve paid for the full finishing kit already.

when you say order up does that mean you’ve paid twice. Cause I’m not a fan of that.

Last edited:
Oh no.

I just piece mealed the tip up similar to what I did on the FW foreward.

I did not prepay for those portions of the kit. I made a lot of changes FW forward.

I can understand your concern not to purchase individual pieces now.

Arnie

I ordered two individual parts day before yesterday (RV10 wing) and they shipped today.

Just to provide an update and some knowledge to new folks.

I decided to call the parts department. I should have done this weeks earlier. They said that they needed me to call in order for their back order department to ship piecemeal parts they have in stock as long as I’d pay for shipping.

Quite frankly I’m shocked this was not made obvious to me earlier. Why would I wait forever so they can ship everything vs get needed parts now so I can build on?

Anyhow, just call them.

I placed a parts order on October 31st that still hasn't shipped.

I've emailed twice asking for an update and have received no replies.

I placed a parts order on October 31st that still hasn't shipped.

I've emailed twice asking for an update and have received no replies.

I ordered a very small part that was out of stock for about 10 days in November. Once it was in stock I was notified and was shipped promptly.

I just called them about my backordered goods. They said that they are not processing back orders at this time.

I ordered some that I have already paid for just to keep building.

Vans wins.

Back