What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avery tight space pop riveter

N546RV

Well Known Member
Any PIREPs on this thing? I'm planning on using MSP rivets to attach my leading edges, but I know there will be clearance issues doing so. One of my pop riveters already has its nose ground down as needed for the tank attach angles, but I don't think it'll be enough for the leading edge stuff. On the other hand $170 is pretty steep for this thing...

:eek:

http://www.averytools.com/prodinfo.asp?number=P26A

Excellent tool, though the price seems to have gone up a bit since I got mine. You can probably blame us 12 builders for that. Increased demand I guess.;)
Dave Hastwell

From the Avery site:

Our 2013-2014 catalog lists the price for this tool at $ 65.00 Due to wholesale price changes by the manufacturer the price for this tool is much higher. The tool was made by EMHART TEKNOLOGIES (a Black & Decker company). STANLEY TOOLS recently bought the EMHART line. STANLEY TOOLS raised the pricing on this tool due to manufacturing costs issues.

That's an insane increase!

Planetools (Isham) include one in their RV-12 tool kits. You might try them and see if they will sell you one at a reasonable price. It's an excellent tool, but no good on Cherrymax rivets.

Back