What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

average cost for aircraft apprasials

Good luck

My ex had my RV-8 appraised, it cost her $350. The issue will be in finding someone that actually knows what he or she is doing. The appraiser my ex hired didn't have a clue, lots of factual errors and little knowledge of RV's.

Scott A. Jordan

Anyone out there have an idea what an aircraft apprasial would typically cost for an RV?

Thanks

I'm finding them "around" $500, some as high as $750 for an actual appraisal where they look at your particular aircraft. A "market appraisal" is cheaper, but it essentially just a Vref quote. They don't need to see your aircraft.

Apparently providing as much documentation/comps, etc. helps keep the cost low because you're doing a lot of their work.

It's all very negotiable.

Call Gary Brown

He did a prebuy for a guy on an RV I had for sale. Don't know what the guy paid but you can call him for a quote. He's built an RV-7, Dar, APIA, etc.

I offer DAR and RV Transition flight training services, NW US.Gary Brown (503) 269-3907

Actual appraisal? Make sure it's an RV guy, not just an appraiser out of TAP.

Last edited:
Appraisal

If you are looking for a Bank loan, most banks are requiring an appraisal from someone who is CERTIFIED by the National Aircraft Appraisal Association. They have templates for RV's and do a thorough search of the logs and other documentation.

These guys charge generally by aircraft size and complexity plus travel expenses. Prices run about $4-500 plus expenses for an RV. (Note: This can vary, so get a price beforehand).

For anyone needing a CERTIFIED appraiser, I have a very good friend who helped me build my RV, is an A&P with Inspection Authorization who has inspected many RV's, knows RV's inside and out, and is a senior certified appraiser.

PM me for more info.

My ex had my RV-8 appraised, it cost her $350. The issue will be in finding someone that actually knows what he or she is doing. The appraiser my ex hired didn't have a clue, lots of factual errors and little knowledge of RV's.

Scott A. Jordan

Cost her...... Or you? :D

Back