What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AV30 updating

algrajek

Well Known Member
Can anyone give me some insight on how to do an update on the AV 30? I got the USB to serial cable that they suggest but I can’t see how to hook it up to the unit.
Thanks in advance
Nordo

AV-30 update

Can anyone give me some insight on how to do an update on the AV 30? I got the USB to serial cable that they suggest but I can’t see how to hook it up to the unit.
Thanks in advance
Nordo

Assuming you do not have an AVLink to do the update over wifi, you will have to build an adapter cable to connect to the AV-30, or modify your existing aircraft harness to the AV-30 (to provide the serial out, serial in, and ground connections). Page 99 of the AV-30 installation manual has a schematic on how to connect the AV-30 to the serial/usb cable.

After you can connect to the AV-30 as shown in the schematic, follow the instructions with the update software to upload from the PC to the AV-30.

Thanks guys:
I wondered if it would be worth it to get the AvLink but I’ll try with the cable first.
Thanks
Nordo

Back