What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aux. Control Cable Recommendations?

tx_jayhawk

Well Known Member
I'm trying to get purchased some of the miscellaneous control cables for my RV-7A. I have the standard Vans throttle and mixture cables on order, but I am searching for recommendations for the following:
- Cabin heat
- Carb heat
- Parking brake

I've looked at Spruce and Van's and noted a couple of questions:
1) I assume Vans CT A-740 are the same as the spruce A-740?
2) Assuming I am using an O-360, would I want the solid wire end cable or one with a threaded end for the carb heat? I assume the parking brake and cabin heat would be solid end.
3) I would be interested in hearing builder's preferences for "glide free" cables for "detent" cables for each of the three items above. Right now, I am thinking maybe "glide free" for the brake and cabin, then "detent" for the carb heat.

Thanks,
Scott
7A Finishing

Not sure if it was in the standard kit or the FWF kit, but I got a few of the black A-740 cables from Vans. Seems like they'll work fine for cabin heat and alternate air.

I followed Dan's lead for the parking cable and got this one from Spruce (I think it's called a T-handle dash control.):
IMG_4469.jpg

Don't know about the carb heat control, as I have FI. And don't have a preference over detent vs. glide-free yet as I'm still building, but the detent style seem like they'll work fine.

Dave

Back