What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Approach Systems APIC software

billnaz

Well Known Member
Anyone have any experience with this moving map software? I'm looking for something to use on a netbook. This seems to be similar to the Anyware Map Pro software, and a lot cheaper. I'm currently using AM on a palm device.

http://approachsystems.com/

I used APIC for a while on a PDA with a blue tooth GPS. Worked well once you got to know how to drive it. Did take a while to get it set up to give the information I really wanted in the colors and text sizes I wanted. I haven't used it for 2 1/2 years, and Approach Systems have been continuously developing it in the meantime ...

Pete

I've also used APIC on a Samsung Q1 tablet PC. I found the map detail and screen management a little lacking, but they are constantly tweaking it. I haven't updated in quite a while, so can't comment on their recent software. They have GEO-referenced approach plates that depict your aircraft on both the plan and profile view which is a nice feature. It would be nice if they added GEO-referenced sectionals and low charts to their capabilities. I use the Q1 as a situational awareness GPS and not for navigation.

You can actually purchase a free version to try out to see if you like it on a netbook. It comes with outdated charts. Have to go through the checkout to get it, but you do not have to put in a CC no. :)

Back