What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AOA leak at RV-12 wing junction

CTCole

The AOA plumbing is intact (passes manometer tests) except for a leak at the wing-to-fuselage junction, where the little aluminum tube connects the fitting on the wing to the one on the fuselage. Has anyone else run into this? How did you solve it? I've thought of a couple wraps of teflon pipe joint tape, or some kind of goo (e.g. Dow 4 silicone), or replacing with one continuous line from AOA port to AHARS box.

I haven't had any issues with mine and I used a small amount of Dow 4. Make sure the O-ring gasket has to be pushed a little when the wing is seated.

I haven't had any issues with mine and I used a small amount of Dow 4. Make sure the O-ring gasket has to be pushed a little when the wing is seated.
I vaguely remember the build instructions suggesting using Dow Corning Silicone specifically to lubricate that connection. Also I think the Line MM says to reapply such lube each time the wings are removed and reattached and at annual, etc. No leaks on mine thus far.

Back