What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AOA for G3X ?

GEM930

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm removing my MGL Voyger and installing a G3X Touch. My Voyager AOA was connected to two small probes (more like open rivets) in the top and bottom of the wing. I currently have a heated pitot installed and would rather not replace it with a Garmin GAP 26 if I don't have to. Anyone have any experience connecting a G3X to this type of AOA set up???

Last edited:
the GSU25 has two pressure tappings, one for total and the second for the lower tapping on the GAP26 and from the difference , when calibrated is determined the angle of attack.
Thus you would be one pressure port short to connected your set up.
However if you were able to find a suitable differential pressure sensor device with a suitable outputyou might be able to develop an AoA function through the GEA 24. I'd suggest ask the Garmin experts on that one though.
Good luck.

I'm removing my MGL Voyger and installing a G3X Touch. My Voyager AOA was connected to two small probes (more like open rivets) in the top and bottom of the wing. I currently have a heated pitot installed and would rather not replace it with a Garmin GAP 26 if I don't have to. Anyone have any experience connecting a G3X to this type of AOA set up???
Best I know, you wont get the G3X to work with the upper/lower taps - the software doesn’t support it. I have, however, got my;triple pitot tubes on a couple of airplanes (becasue I have multiple AoA systems I am testing), and you can find a used pitot fairly easily if you want to go that route. I am actually using a Piper blade pitot on one installation (with G3X) where I use the pitot as pitot and the static port drain hole for AoA (withthe static port on teh back plugged up) and it works fine.

Back