What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

anyone updated their GTX 45R to GTX 3X5 software version 2.81

1bigdog

Well Known Member
I did a GDU replacement recently and having several bizarre traffic and ADS-B issues. Sorta looks like it could be a bluetooth issue with the GTX 45R. No traffic, no safetaxi and when I looked at flightaware there is very limited reporting of altitude (although apparently at one point I made it to 37,000'). These problems only appeared after replacement of the GDU and using latest 9.14 code on the G3X.

Has anyone ventured to the latest GTX 45R software. Apparently it fixes several communications issues including intermittent bluetooth.

Cheers.

Updated

Latest GTX 45R works great to fix traffic issues on the earlier update.

Search GTN Traffic 'failure'

Last edited:
maybe back down as well

Latest GTX 45R works great to fix traffic issues on the earlier update.

Search GTN Traffic 'failure'

Thanks for that pointer. Those relate primarily to traffic lost on GTN, whereas mine is lost on the G3X where I look for traffic primarily. I will probably update the GTX tomorrow but after that if things are not resolved I'm of the mind to back down to the version I had prior to G3X 9.12/9.14 because that's the epicentre of all my issues. Last summer when I started flying the whole panel was extremely stable. I can't think of a good reason to not back down.

Thanks.

G3x Traffic

Thanks for that pointer. Those relate primarily to traffic lost on GTN, whereas mine is lost on the G3X where I look for traffic primarily. I will probably update the GTX tomorrow but after that if things are not resolved I'm of the mind to back down to the version I had prior to G3X 9.12/9.14 because that's the epicentre of all my issues. Last summer when I started flying the whole panel was extremely stable. I can't think of a good reason to not back down.

Thanks.

I haven't heard of anyone having issues with updates involving traffic on the G3X. (If wrong someone comment) It's obviously an important issue and Garmin seems to have run any issues to ground (pardon the pun) before letting out.

Back