What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone Try Dynon Pitot With G3X ?

Dynon pitot with G3X

Hey Folks

Didn't Work. Finished my G3X single panel install after flying with the Dynon for a few years. I used my old Dynon AOA pitot system and hooked it to the GSU 25 on my G3X system. Tried the inflight calibration process three times and it would never accept/record the last calibration which I believe was the full flap stall. The calibration test would come up failed after each attempt. This was on my RV-6A. May work on a different airframe, but I could not get it to work and haven't taken the time to try a different approach.

I just went back up today and re-calibrated the G3X AOA with the Dynon pitot. The cal went flawlessly and seems to work better than the first time. This time if took my time getting the plane set up in the proper configurations.
If you are not getting any cal data, could it be that it is not plumbed properly? I assume the Static and Pitot information is correct with the exception of the AOA.

Back