What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anybody receiving their QB kits?

danlh

I haven’t heard anything lately about the status of qb kits. Has anyone been taking deliveries? What was your lead time?
Dan

Just curious, do any of the -14 QB's include embedded LCP blue and greens and rebuilt to remove the red & yellows?
Or are they fresh builds with no LCP's? Or is Vans saying anything with current deliveries?

Just curious, do any of the -14 QB's include embedded LCP blue and greens and rebuilt to remove the red & yellows?
Or are they fresh builds with no LCP's? Or is Vans saying anything with current deliveries?
They are LCP free according to Greg before I signed my reorder paperwork.

I toured vans factory about 10 days ago when I was up there for transition training and they had about 1/2 dozen or so quick build fuselages in there that looked like they just needed to be crated up.

I placed orders for QB wings and fuselage June of last year w/ a 1year delivery time frame. I would love to know what that time frame is currently. It be nice to have an option to change to a slow build if that would speed things up. I’m also holding an empty hanger. I might see about sub-letting it. Trying to make decisions blindfolded is no fun.

2 and a half years! Guess I don't have enough years left in my life to be able to order a QB and expect to finish it before I'm 6' under.
I have a -14 QB fuse ordered, but ordered it last year right before they announced the bankruptcy. I'm 67 and I have to consider the ratio of probable flying years vs. time to build. As much as I want to build and fly it, I may have to just cancel the order, eat my deposit and sell my tail kit. Their "communication" in re the QBs is awful...

I toured vans factory about 10 days ago when I was up there for transition training and they had about 1/2 dozen or so quick build fuselages in there that looked like they just needed to be crated up.
I wonder if these were the same QB fuselages/kits that I saw. Some of them had 'salvage' or something hinting to the effect that they were part of those that weren't useable.

I placed orders for QB wings and fuselage June of last year w/ a 1year delivery time frame. I would love to know what that time frame is currently. It be nice to have an option to change to a slow build if that would speed things up. I’m also holding an empty hanger. I might see about sub-letting it. Trying to make decisions blindfolded is no fun.
Danlh, I'm currently building 2 planes with a friend in Winchester, VA. The RV10 is getting close to be ready to move to a hanger and the RV14 QB fuse and wings just shipped this week. We have been scouring the local airports for hangar space as we're not sure how we are going to fit both in the garage. Please let me know if you want to sub-letting. I would be interested

Danlh, I'm currently building 2 planes with a friend in Winchester, VA. The RV10 is getting close to be ready to move to a hanger and the RV14 QB fuse and wings just shipped this week. We have been scouring the local airports for hangar space as we're not sure how we are going to fit both in the garage. Please let me know if you want to sub-letting. I would be interested
I pm’d you.

I have a -14 QB fuse ordered, but ordered it last year right before they announced the bankruptcy. I'm 67 and I have to consider the ratio of probable flying years vs. time to build. As much as I want to build and fly it, I may have to just cancel the order, eat my deposit and sell my tail kit. Their "communication" in re the QBs is awful...
Agree. Same issue with age and flying years left vs build time. Would be nice to have more info. Dont understand the lack of info. Even a ballpark would be nice.

I don't disagree with the request for status updates, but I think there is enough info out there, they are redoing without LCP, so for those orders who had already been waiting for 18+ months, they are first, so if you ordered last year, I'd guess you are at at least six months maybe even a year or so out. My 14QB fuse was signed off in Brazil in late January, which means I think it was one of the first of the non lcp batches round tripped for an April/May shipment. So anyone that thinks they don't have 18+ months of total wait time according to the current schedule is not reading the tea leaves. They are just filling orders from 2.5 years ago, so there is a wait, and it's not less than 18 months.

Last edited:
Back