What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alternator Belt

mike newall

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Trying to find the reference and or supplier for the standard belt for an IO-360 belt for an original Vans alternator.

Ours has Dayco 046 D:7 on it, but try find one without having to enter a vehicle registration number......... :-(

Alternator belt

Trying to find the reference and or supplier for the standard belt for an IO-360 belt for an original Vans alternator.
Ours has Dayco 046 D:7 on it, but try find one without having to enter a vehicle registration number......... :-(

Gates XL 7370. Take your belt to your local auto store and they will measure it and give you a replacement. Mine is an O-320 but it all depends on the the alternator placement. The NAPA part is likely made by Gates as they have similar numbers. Tell them it is for your Snow Blower.....:D;) XL designation is important, I believe.....

Take a picture of your belt number and post that.....

Here is what we have - is branded Dayco

Attachments

• IMG_5826.jpg
    IMG_5826.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 93
I have a brand new one

I have a brand new belt, I think it’s a 7360, and it is too long for my application. If you want it, it is yours for the shipping cost…

I can check the exact numbers this evening…

The vast majority of belts use a part number where the last three or four digits are the belt length in millimeters. The first part of the number is for belt width, but that number is often different across makers. You are looking for an XL size belt, which is 3/8". I think many use 7 instead of XL. All my dayco belts have a number at the end referencing the length. Keep looking at the belt for a number that ends in 3xx. If you find it, it will be easy to find a replacement.

Last edited:
Back