What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

all quickbuild kits from overseas?

Blw2

Well Known Member
Are all the quickbuild components assembled outside the US?

I think I read something about this in a thread about paint/primer a while back. Did I get that correctly?

Are all the quickbuild components assembled outside the US?

I think I read something about this in a thread about paint/primer a while back. Did I get that correctly?

From Vans' website:

Let’s look at a QB kit in more detail. All RVs are created from the same parts, and practically all of those parts are manufactured at Van’s factory in Aurora. QuickBuild Kits are assembled at Van’s partner company in the Philippines from parts supplied by Van’s. These skilled craftsmen have been assembling Van’s QB Kits for more than twenty years, and it shows in the quality of the assemblies delivered to Oregon.

And here:

In other news, we recently added a second Quick Build assembly facility in Brazil. We will be receiving the first batches of Quick Build kits from that facility at Van’s starting in January. The expanded Quick Build capacity associated with having two partner facilities will result in reduced risk and shortened lead times as the new facility ramps up its production over the course of the next year.

When Subic Bay was shut down there were lots of locals with aviation experience that were suddenly unemployed, Vans is not the only kit plane company taking advantage of that. From what I see in my quick build kit, they do excellent work, I know how it should be done, I have 45 years in Part 121 aircraft maintenance. Also Brazil has quite a robust aircraft industry.

Back