What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AirVenture 2013... pass...

Same old same old

Nah I'm done for a few years, I don't have a clue what's in-store for 2013 but I bet it's not much different than the first event I went to in 2005. The majority of the cost to put on the show comes from your yearly membership so they will always give you the best show "we can afford".
I will hit Sun-n-fun for a day then off someplace fun like the Keys maybe. Tripletree seems to be different and cheap!!!!

Mike

2013--Cannot wait--in planning stage!

Lucky to live Only 200 miles away, Will continue to attend every year. What a blessing to have a premier aviation event every year in this country. Yes, their are minor gripes, nothing is perfect, and not everbody is totally entertained every second of every day, but in the overall context of things this is a fantastic gathering of like-minded aviation enthusist . Hopefully, the youngsters brought to the event will be enthusiastic future replacements to the "burned out" aviation crowd. Looking and planning for 2013-------:D

2012 was my second oshkosh and first ever flying in my own RV. I LOVED it immensely and spent most of my time hanging around HBC talking with other drivers, explored the miles of parked aircraft, marveling at the warbirds and eating an endless wave of bratwursts.
I visited the vendors a few times, bought some doodads and interior bits, marveled at new emerging technology and walked the length of the flight line about a dozen times and will do it all over again next year!
I suspect the novelty may wear off in a few years but this last trip had many firsts for me which included the XC from Austin Texas; navigating storms, running a tank down to 1gal (never will happen again I promise!!), unplanned landings and camping overnight next to locked pumps in BFE because there aint no one around until the am....
anyway. loved it... will going again.

Been attending off and on since it was in Rockford. I go thru phases of love/hate/ambivalent; however believe enough overall in the EAA that I finally became a lifetime member.

My pattern of attendance will continue... Overall, excellent event and org that like any family member has some asymmetry associated with its personality.

Back