What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFS tank reminder

Bavafa

Well Known Member
As I understand it, Advance Flight System does not have a reminder to switch tanks or even a timer that can be utilized for that purpose. If this understating is correct, what does AFS users use to remind them to switch tanks.

version 16 of the AFS5000 and 6000 series EFIS's. I've used it and it works fine, but my Avidyne navigator has an automatic "Switch Tank" timer which I've set to 30 minutes so I use that instead. It's nice feature.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 9.14.50 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 9.14.50 PM.png
    941.9 KB · Views: 53
AFS has a timer

I fly behind two AFS 5600 screens. In the upper left-hand corner, there’s a timer. On my left screen, it is set for a 30 minute countdown to remind me to switch tanks. On the right screen, the timer is sent to count up for total flight time. The countdown setting will alert you when it reaches zero with an audible and visual alert.

I fly behind two AFS 5600 screens. In the upper left-hand corner, there’s a timer. On my left screen, it is set for a 30 minute countdown to remind me to switch tanks. On the right screen, the timer is sent to count up for total flight time. The countdown setting will alert you when it reaches zero with an audible and visual alert.

Thank you for the tip, I will look for this feature.

Back