What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFS fuel gauges having issues.

Tim 8-A

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I Purchased a 10 with AFS 5600 and my fuel gauges are not consistent or accurate.
Anyone have a AFS and Princeton capacitance type sender, and how accurate is this setup?
Its a older sender I think called a puck sender. Its calibrated with a 5 set point, and so is the EFIS. Called AFS support and they said to recalibrate the sender to confirm empty but I assume they think I have a one set point sender and this sender can't be changed to a single set point.
Any ideas appreciated

I am using Van's capacitance fuel probes in my -7 and I used a Dynon Capacitance to voltage converter to connect to my AFS 5600's. Not sure of the part #, but it uses a BNC connector at the tank. Calibrate in 5 gal increments.

I am using Van's capacitance fuel probes in my -7 and I used a Dynon Capacitance to voltage converter to connect to my AFS 5600's. Not sure of the part #, but it uses a BNC connector at the tank. Calibrate in 5 gal increments.
1000006067.jpg

I confirmed my sender is putting out 0-5 volts, and I do have the resistor installed.
I recalibrated both the sender and the EFIS and it looks from the old values to the new values nothing changed!

Last edited:
My sender outputs 0-5 volts

Back