What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aero Sport Power delivery schedule

claycookiemonster

Well Known Member
Just a heads up for anyone out there wondering when to order their engine. I just got the official quote from Aero Sport Power for an IO-375, and the current estimate for "completion" is next February! Yes, I put in the deposit about 2 weeks ago, and so from deposit to delivery is running a year.

Plan accordingly.

I ordered my I0-540 last July before the last price increase. I’m scheduled to build at Aerosport end of June. Darren said keep your fingers crossed that I have one to assemble!

Keith

You're doing the build school? Darren told me that I might be able to do it, but there was no guarantee I'd actually be building my own engine. I'd do it if I could do mine, but I'm not interested in wrenching someone else's.

Postponed

I was scheduled to build my engine in May '20.
Cancelled because of COVID. (not the engine, the build school...)

Darren proposed that I come when the building school opens again and build another engine similar to mine.
I'd like to do that, just for the experience.
Need to plan that though, it's a lonnnnng way from Quebec to Kamloops...
Maybe a trip in the 8 ??? :D

Me too!

I'm in the same boat. April 2020 was cancelled...

I will go back at some point, because I'd like to have the experience to better understand my engine. It would have been really cool to have worked on my actual engine, but that ship has sailed.

I was scheduled to build my engine in May '20.
Cancelled because of COVID. (not the engine, the build school...)

Darren proposed that I come when the building school opens again and build another engine similar to mine.
I'd like to do that, just for the experience.
Need to plan that though, it's a lonnnnng way from Quebec to Kamloops...
Maybe a trip in the 8 ??? :D

Back