What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ACK E-04

joew

Well Known Member
I’m trying to install the ELT and solder the wires to the connector pins. A pin broke. Anyone know where I can find replacement pins or another option instead of trying to solder. These connections are super close.

Call the manufacturer

I had same issue. The connector is a challenge for sure. I called or emailed the manufacturer and they send me a replacement connector free of charge.

I also had a very good experience with the mfg related to a broken pin problem. Fast, no hassle and no cost in my case.

Last edited:
I had the same problem. I decided not to try soldering again and ordered an S-video cable from Amazon and cut the unneeded end off. It's been awhile, but as I remember, I had to be careful because all four wires are needed and not all S-video cables used all four wires.

The cable I ordered seems to only be available as a 10-pack now, but if you like the idea this will get you started: https://www.amazon.com/SuperEcable-20859-Extension-S-VIDEO-Plasma/dp/B00DAJMZF6

The downside is it won't be aviation quality wire.

-jim

Back