What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A back-up for your EFIS.... and it's cheap!

Very interesting and I applaud anything to get away from Garmin's stronghold but their product costs $1150 and a G5 costs $1495, so it's hard to give up the G5 for this one for just $350. Once it's proven a little more or has more options, maybe?

I am flying behind this instrument (version 1 and 2) for over a year pretty solid. Designed and manufactured by a VAF member (Vlad Milos) he is trying to be an advertiser here.

Very interesting and I applaud anything to get away from Garmin's stronghold but their product costs $1150 and a G5 costs $1495, so it's hard to give up the G5 for this one for just $350. Once it's proven a little more or has more options, maybe?

The link provided for the MiniUni says $699. Not $1150
What am I missing? Seems like a great deal

I was only talking about this.....

three.JPG

And that is a substantial difference for a back-up.

Smaller, but slightly higher in price at around 850, is the Uavionics AV20-S.

I think having a PFD from a different manufacturer than the main instrumentation is a good idea for any kind of IMC flying.

Back