What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

7A 320 - 360 engine mount differences

P

paul mosher

Does anyone know how to distinguish a 7A 0 320 from a 0360 engine mount?

Thanks

When I built my 7, I planned a 320. Ended up with a 360, but the 320 mount is 2" longer than the 360 mount. Not really a way to tell unless they are right next to each other.

BTW, I used the 320 mount with the 360 engine and the cg worked out great, and it gives a longer nose look...very cool. :cool:

Engine mounts

Now this makes me wonder if my cowling is going to fit? My project was a 9A with a 360 and i'm converting to tailwheel with a 320.

Don B
RV9 Rebuild in Progress.

When I built my 7, I planned a 320. Ended up with a 360, but the 320 mount is 2" longer than the 360 mount. Not really a way to tell unless they are right next to each other.

BTW, I used the 320 mount with the 360 engine and the cg worked out great, and it gives a longer nose look...very cool. :cool:

Chad

Did you use a Sam James cowl or the Vans cowl? I am thinking about the 320 mount with a 360 motor.

Thanks

I used the James cowl, but Will built it extra long for me. I had quite a bit of 'glass work to do to make it look pretty, but it was worth it for me to get the long nose look I wanted.

Back