What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

6'2" Wana Rocket

N23J

I've been frustrated between building an 8 or a Rocket. I've gotten some good advice. I fit in the 8 :) but not sure about a Rocket :( . Does anyone know of a canopy mod or any other options I'm 6'2" 250. :eek: I'm told I'll fit in an F1 but I would like to build the Harmon if I could.
Alan

6'2" will be no problem in a rocket. It is a simple mod to move the forward seat back little. I do not think you will have to though, thinner cushions should do the trick.

I am 6'1" and 220 (at least) and I have plenty of head room. I wear 34/35 inseam pants and I have adequate leg room. On long trips i take my shoes off and put my feet behind the rudder pedals to stretch out.

Go for the Rocket!!!!

Tailwinds,
Doug Rozendaal
F1-EVO

6'2" will be no problem in a rocket. It is a simple mod to move the forward seat back little. I do not think you will have to though, thinner cushions should do the trick.

Tom, any update from Mark Frederick as to when kits will be available again for the F1 rocket (sport and evo+)?

Thanks, Vern

Rocket legroom

I am 6'2" 175lbs and have modified my Rocket so that I fit very comfortably. My Rocket began life as a Harmon; has since adopted a couple of F1 pieces (firewall) and mostly has been scratch built. I moved the stick aft about 4" and the pilot's seatback aft about 4". Seated I have nearly straight legs and a reclined seating position - very comfy. I first sat in John Harmon's "stock" HR2 and fit just fine (no parachute). The RV-8 has a more upright seating position and if you use a seat-back parachute will most likely need to move the pilot's seatback aft to accommodate.

Back