What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

32-05: Baggage Floor Brain Fart

TASEsq

Well Known Member
Patron
Can someone please save me from not being able to see the obvious, but I simply cannot seem to slip the baggage floors over the seat belt lugs - it’s like the slots need to be lengthened forward?

The floors obviously need to move forward to fit over the forward ends of the seatbelt lugs, but I can’t seem to work out how, as the skins conflict with the side structure?

All my favourite build logs are silent on the matter - I think I must be the only human with this problem!

I’m sure I’m not seeing the tree for the bear ****ting in the forest, or a metaphor like that.

Attachments

• IMG_6497.jpeg
    IMG_6497.jpeg
    505.7 KB · Views: 126
You have to bend that floor quite a bit to slip it over the lap belt hardpoints. We had that problem too. Just be careful not to crease it.

Last edited:
Just a follow up for anyone finding this post at a later date.

I am embarrassed :cool: to say i worked out why i was having so much trouble where clearly others had little trouble here!

It turns out, i had under set the rivets holding the 2 halves of the seatbelt lugs together. The hole in the skins for the seatbelt lug was hanging up on the rivet tail, preventing me sliding the skin forward enough to get it to slip over the ends of the seatbelt lugs. I had thought it was hanging up on the fuse side structure.

Once i squeezed the rivets a little more, the forward part of the skins could be bent upward, and this allowed the whole skin to slide forward and pop over the end of the seatbelt lugs. They fit very easily actually.

So if anyone else has trouble, check the rivets on the seatbelt lugs are not wider than the slot in the skins.

Back