What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2nd Annual Bloomsburg, PA RV Fly-In

Jim Lewellyn

Well Known Member
The 2nd Annual Bloomsburg, PA (N13) RV Fly-In is scheduled for May 30 & 31, 2009. This 2 day event will again have camping, a live band Saturday evening, flying activities, forums, awards, and lots of food and fun. Full event details will soon be available at www.bloomsburgairport.com

We had had about 80 planes fly in last year. Thanks to all that made the trip last year! Lets hope for great weather.

Woo Hoo

Jim,

I am so glad you and the gang decided to do this again. I was starting to worry. I'll have to drive again unless I can beg a ride from somebody, but I'll be there.

:D

Tit for Tat

I will come to your fly in if you come to our RV Pancake Breakfast on May 16 at N57, New garden Flying Field, 8-12 !!!

Now that my 40 hours are flown off I can not wait to fly in!

Glad to hear......

Well I am glad to hear that at least three people are coming! :D Kirk, Gregg, and Jeff, I can't wait to see you there!

We are still finalizing a few details, and once we are finished will will publish an event flyer and post it on our airport web page.

Last year we had several from Canada, and the New England states that wanted to attend but the weather just did'nt cooperate. Hopefully this year the sun will shine upon us both days!

Hi! I have a meeting this am. its our first for our rv flyin in sep. I will share your flyin with my people and try to get some pilots to attend!
fred

add two more

Flybye (Robin) and I are planning to arrive in a spamcan on Saturday weather permitting.
See you guys,

The 2nd Annual Bloomsburg, PA (N13) RV Fly-In is scheduled for May 30 & 31, 2009. This 2 day event will again have camping, a live band Saturday evening, flying activities, forums, awards, and lots of food and fun. Full event details will soon be available at www.bloomsburgairport.com

We had had about 80 planes fly in last year. Thanks to all that made the trip last year! Lets hope for great weather.

Hi Jim,

Sandy and I are planning on being there with y'all! This year---can a Swift pilot get a ride in an RV??

David

I'm There

Hey Gents,

I am planning on attending. I hope Rockets are welcome.

George Fisher
F1 Rocket Evo - Newly Minted
Newark, Delaware

Hey George....if they don't mind a few Rockets then Craig Hilling and I might bring our F1's as well :).

Looking forward to seeing you and your new baby!

Hey Gents,

I am planning on attending. I hope Rockets are welcome.

George Fisher
Newark, Delaware

Bring em all........

Spamcans, Swifts, Rockets are all very welcome. I would be REAL happy to swap a 6 ride, or a left arm, or whatever ya want for a ride in a Rocket! :D

Hope to see you all there!

BTW - We still don't have all of our events fully planned yet, but we have applied for an air show waiver and have a Pitts S2C scheduled to perform both days pending waiver approval.

I'm There

Hey Gents,

Looking forward to attending. Since this hobby is not fun unless you're sharing it, would be glad to provide some rides. I hope my ship lives up to your expectations.

Spoke with Craig Hilling and it seems that Rick will be there with their rockets as well. It will be great to share ideas at this event. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the welcome.

George Fisher
Newark, Delaware

hope to be there

Hi guys n33nc rv8a homebase khwv i will try to be there and i will ask the 4 other rv's at the field to go

cyril

Pig Roast & Chicken BBQ This Year

Friends:

Complete details for the RV fly-in are now available at the Bloomsburg Airport website: http://www.bloomsburgairport.com

Thank You.

Sorry it took me so long to post the details of our May 30th & 31st event. My son (Geek4Hire) has posted a flyer with the event details at http://www.bloomsburgairport.com . Please feel free to make a copy of the event flyer and share it with others/post it at your airport.

We are really looking forward to another fun filled weekend, and meeting new and old friends. If you plan to camp on the field, or stay overnight Saturday, be sure to bring your tie-downs. Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions.

Cell - 570-204-4745

Lycoming Forum Update

Good News! Lycoming will once again be joining us at the Bloomsburg RV fly-in to put on an engine forum. Ray Crist will be there at 10 am Saturday to discuss their new experimental line of engines (and the good ole ones too).

You can download a copy of our updated fly-in brochure with all of the event details at www.bloomsburgairport.com .

We have put an awful lot of work and planning into this year?s event and we are really looking forward to a weekend filled with RV fun and fellowship. Let?s hope for great weather!

We are trying to get a general idea on how many from VAF are planning to attend. If you have not already, please post a brief reply and let us know.

Bloomsburg Fly-In

I'll do my best to make it there for whichever day has the best weather.
Rich Zeidman
RV7 N42PZ

Ride?

Any chance for a ride over from the Allentown area on Sunday? I'm in town for a week for my mother-in-law's 80th b-day on Saturday, and I'm having RV withdrawals... a week off work, but 3000 miles from my project :( especially since I missed the home wing meeting at Vans due to a business trip (http://eaa105.org/Activities/activities.html).

kandbinman at comcast dot net
503.709.1492 cell, but no coverage where I'm staying

Thanks,

Ride needed

Hi Bill,

If no one is able to pick you up on their way to Bloomsburg on Sunday, call me on my cell phone and I will do my best to find someone to fly over for you.

Cell - 570-204-4745

Thanks!

Thanks Jim. Kutztown looks to be the closest field to where I'm staying. Sad to see that it looks like its on its last leg, if not already completely closed.

People's Choice Winner's

The 2009 Bloomsburg RV Fly-In People's Choice awards go to:

First Place - Duane Dillingham RV8 "Hot Pastrami" - N852SM
3341bhx.jpg

Second Place - Justin Hilling RV4 - N41RV
2ymezkn.jpg

Congratulations to two beautiful RV's and their owners, and thanks to everyone for attending our event!

Please Help

Can someone help me contact Justin Hilling (N41RV)? He gave me his email address, but I can't seem to get an email to go through to him.

Thank you!

Thanks

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to all that put on the event and to all who flew in to provide motivation to a few builders. :D:D

Thanks for a Great Event

Hello and thanks to those who organized the event last weekend. I am looking forward to attending next year. I was impressed with the airplanes, facilities and all the great people.

George Fisher
F1 Rocket Evo
Newark, Delaware

Thank you

George,

Thank you for the kind words. I assume that your's is the beautiful deep blue Rocket. Thanks for dropping by and letting us drool all over it! :D We have some nice pictures of your Rocket, and most of the RV's. We will try to get them posted later today.

Thanks for coming!

3rd annual RV flyin?

Is the 2010 event planned? Trying to correct my working schedule for visiting.

3rd Annual Bloomsburg RV Gathering

Thanks for asking Vlady. Yes, we are planning this years event for May 22, with a rain date of May 23. Sorry for the late notice, I have been very busy with work.

The past 2 years we have held a 2 day event. The original idea for a 2 day event was for everyone to fly in and camp for the night. That turned out to not be very popular, mainly because our airport lacks the facilities for camping (Showers!). So for that reason, this year we are going to try a one day event.

Thanks to everyone that attended the last couple of years, and we look forward to seeing you again this year!

Bloomsburg RV event 2014?

Hey Jim it's time to get back on track. Bloomsburg recovered after flood and a lot of newly built planes are flying. Any plans for 2014? It will be 0001st year after 2013 Mayan Crash. Let the Bloomsburg bloom again :D

Let's do it . . .

We'll rustle up lots of guys from SE PA, MD & NJ! Maybe we'll see Vlad's plane all nice and painted too:D

next spring you will be able to get us to come down! syracuse ny. we are building/flying 5 RV's
a 9a flying
a 7 & a 7a flying
7 will fly mar 2013
anothe r7 will be summer or fall 2013
another 7. could be flying now but he put a darn corvette engine in and now won't fly it. we think we have him buying a lyc o360. we will wait and see.
i was on the rv forum group at oswego county airport fulton ny and i scheduled all of mike seagers training every year. up til last year when all the help vanished, now there are 5 of us who want to FLY and pa is 1 hr away!?
fred

50%

Mark and Dave, did you guys ever get your ADS-B issue sorted out?

Hi Tony - Dave is all sorted. My box has had a failed transmitter 2 times now - working with Navworx to correct. Bottom line is that I can receive ADS WX, but no traffic - this is because my XMTR is not working and hence I'm not 'participating'. Ill keep you posted . . .

Bloomsburg Fly-in

Hey Jim it's time to get back on track. Bloomsburg recovered after flood and a lot of newly built planes are flying. Any plans for 2014? It will be 0001st year after 2013 Mayan Crash. Let the Bloomsburg bloom again :D

Sorry for the looooong delay in my response. Bloomsburg is in the middle of building a new runway. In order for the new runway to be completed, they need to close the airport for roughly 70 days. They have scheduled the runway closure three times....and canceled it three times. The next wild guess on the runway closure date is sometime this spring. Since I have no idea if the airport will be open, I really can't see scheduling a fly-in.

Once the new runway is complete, we will have another fly-in....Probably in 2014. :eek:

The Russian Spy......

Dang, I must have just missed you. I was there most of the day. The runway is scheduled to close (again) June 1.

New Runway at N13

The new runway is FINALLY in place and should be opening in the next few days. If the opening goes as planned, we will have a very informal RV get together very soon. Just fly in for a free burger or dog and BS with RV friends.

.....Once the runway is officially open, I will post a time and date......

Good news Jim keep us updated. Love your airport lots of memories. Who will be the first on virgin concrete?:)

Good News & Bad News

Good News:
The new 3200' x 60' asphalt runway is open! It has been re-aligned to 27/9. Unicom is still 122.8. Still left traffic (both directions).

Bad News:
I have just been too busy to pull the RV lunch together as I recently posted.

Good News:
The rest of the airport bums at Bloomsburg have put together a fly-in breakfast for next Saturday November 2, starting at 8am. Hope to see you there!

Good News:
Now that the runway project is complete, we will get back on track with our yearly RV gathering.

Last edited:
Back