What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2015 Photo of RV 969WF Alan Judy RV-6

rv969wf

Well Known Member
Van's VAF RV friends, I haven't been on VAF for several years as I've been flying my RV for MANY years with out any issues and I'm not building an RV like most on here. I'm very involved with my Racing Engine Business (AJ Racing Engines) circle track, ASCS/NCRA Sprints, IMCA Mods, Offroad truck racing etc..etc... I'm more focused on that than staying glued to the internet of reading everything on VAF. Quite a few RV builders have ask for photos of my RV-6 thru private messages about why some photos don't appear on VAF that were posted many years ago of my cooling/speeds mods etc. I'm not sure why the photos disappeared from my old post as I did not delete them. Anyway, here's one photo at Sunset 5-29-2015. When I get time I'll take photos with the cowling off with many of the modifications that I've done. Cheers!!! :)
105cj6b.jpg

Welcome back!

I've enjoyed reading and viewing your research and beautiful mods many times!
We need you back to stay!
Vern

Great to hear from you again Alan. Enjoyed talking with you 'back in the day' :).

A voice from the past! Great to see your post. I saw your plane parked near the forum buildings at OSH last year and kept looking for you, but, no joy. Hope to see you at the RV Social this year!

I downloaded all your pictures from the Sam James Yahoo group and provide a link to them for those who have asked. I probably owe you a royalty :)

Glad to hear the racing business is going well.

Slider Canopy Mod in my photo...

Thanks for all of the welcome backs! I need to send Doug Reeves some $$$ to help support VAF BTW. The only Modification that can be seen in my original photo/post is the -6 Slider that is open in the picture. The canopy slider is a full length carbon fiber addition that I built, when open it extends within a couple of inches of the vertical rudder. This helped to reduce lifting of the rear canopy and a reversion of air entering at the back of the slider on a stock RV, a big plus is no air blowing on the back of your neck in the winter time.

Last edited:
Nice to meet you.

I guess I haven't been around long enough to have read any of your prior posts, but if this beautiful plane and your experience background are any indication, then I'm sure I've missed some valuable stuff.
Hope you find time to visit at least a little more often...and thanks for a fantastic picture.

Thanks

Alan,

Many thanks for posting this, looking forward to more pictures and details.

Really appreciate you taking the time. Cheers.

Back