What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2013 Oshkosh RV Social

How much beer?

• One for me.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Two please.

Votes: 98 38.0%
  • Three is about right.

Votes: 89 34.5%
  • Four or more.

Votes: 51 19.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shame on me....I forgot to mention someone else who did a nice thing.

I was daydreaming in a comfortable chair prior to the commencement of festivities when Kevin Williamson from Tosten Manufacturing dropped by. Kevin wanted to know if he could supply a door prize. I said sure, and did he have a gift certificate or something I could hand to the winner? He said "No, I brought a grip", reached into his bag, and pulled out a brand new CS-8!

Later in the evening I climbed up on a picnic table to ask who in the crowd came the most distance to the party. Luca (from Italy) was in the running for a bit, and maybe it was Figs who tried to claim he came the long way around from Oklahoma, but in the end an Aussie quit drinking beer long enough to raise a hand.

So, a thank you to Kevin for a nice contribution, and who was that man from Oz?

Thanks Kevin

Later in the evening I climbed up on a picnic table to ask who in the crowd came the most distance to the party. Luca (from Italy) was in the running for a bit, and maybe it was Figs who tried to claim he came the long way around from Oklahoma, but in the end an Aussie quit drinking beer long enough to raise a hand.

So, a thank you to Kevin for a nice contribution, and who was that man from Oz?

G'day Dan,

It was a struggle to put down my beer but it was me who won the award. We had a great time in the US - especially Oshkosh. Thanks to all of you who made us feel so welcome!

Many thanks to Kevin for supplying the lucky door prize. The stick grip will go very neatly in the RV8A I have here in the garage. I hadn't made a decision on that and this one looks very neat. Kevin, I will be in contact to aquire a matching unit for the back seat passenger.

Cheers

Next year I guess you need to expand the question to who flew their plane to Oshkosh the longest distance. That would leave out us slow build guys but thats okay with me. It would be hard to beat someone who flew on an aluminum/composite tube from New Zealand or Australia. The main reason I go to Osh is to meet people on the forum. Now how many days is it to Osh 2014?

Last edited:
Door Prizes

I had several gift cards from JD Air to give away. Unfortunately, when I arrived at about 7:30 the beer was gone, people were leaving and things were a little out of control.

Next year we'll have more beer and I'll have gift cards again. Maybe we can get a PA system for the event.

Thanks again Dan for organizing.

Back