What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

12iS Engine Order Process

sc_pilot

As I’m a couple months away from having all the funds to purchase the 12iS engine kit, I’m wondering roughly how soon after your initial deposit does Van’s collect the final balance payment? With airframe kits, it appears it’s towards the end of the lead time before the kit ships out. Their statement about bank or wire transfer only for final payment makes me wonder if they collect final payment sooner.

I normally paid in full when I placed my airframe components but would like to hedge my bets on the engine lead time and save my place in line before I’m “fully ready”.

Also is the Rotax Care/Bose A20 deal still going on? Shows as still active on Rotax’s website but isn’t on the Vans order form. And if Rotax cancels the Bose deal after I place the order with vans but before I take delivery… do I still get the headset? My decision for Rotax care kind of weighs on the “free” headset or not. Extended warranty would be nice but I’m building so fast I’m not worried about the engine sitting for awhile in its 2 year warranty period.

Thanks,
Jacob

Last edited:
It's not until the normal time - 30 days before ship, more or less.

My powerplant kit arrived last week and the headphones were in the crate. YMMV

I ordered the Power Plant kit on Dec. 20th (2022), and my kit status is still "Parts Being Produced". No request for the 75% Balance Due at this point.

This might reflect the posted lead time of 9 months.

It's not until the normal time - 30 days before ship, more or less.

My powerplant kit arrived last week and the headphones were in the crate. YMMV

I ordered the Power Plant kit on Dec. 20th (2022), and my kit status is still "Parts Being Produced". No request for the 75% Balance Due at this point.

This might reflect the posted lead time of 9 months.

Thank you both for the replies 👍

I ordered my RV12-iS power plant kit in August of 2022. They asked for final payment last week and the kit should be here in 4-6 weeks.

Ordered the Garmin NAV/COM IFR avionics in August of 2022 also and the avionics arrived a couple of weeks ago. Spent about a month at Stein Air for harness build and testing. Installing it all now.

Henry

Last edited:
Back