What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

12is Bowden cable to throttle housing

bkc3921

Well Known Member
Yes, there are many areas of an aircraft where one bolt/screw is critical, but yesterday I was installing the Bowden cable to the throttle control on my almost done 12is..(Rotax 912is). It's a twisted wire that goes thru a drilled bolt, tightened to 4Nm holding it against the throttle/idle housing. Is it just me...or if that bolt loosens up even slightly, the cable will slip out and suddenly you have no throttle control whatsoever! On my 7A, the throttle control is much beefier, and it has a positive capture to prevent it from becoming "undone"...This is the only thing in the 12 that has really concerned me. Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or am I overly concerned..? Hope I did OK explaining it.... Thoughts..?

I thought the very same thing a few weeks back when I installed mine. That's definitely one that'll stay in the forefront of your mind when flying.

Unfortunately, there's no room on the cable to put any kind of safety stop either. I only have about 0.25" sticking out.

Back