What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Modifying a -7a cowl to use on a -7

aeroaddict

Well Known Member
Can this be done? I'm looking a various engine and cowl deals online and the question came up about buying an cowl set for a -7a model and modifying the (bottom) cowl for use on a -7 model.

I believe they are the same cowl, just modified at time of installation. Shouldn't be much harder than glassing over the slot for the nosewheel leg, and opening up slots for the main gear.

Chris

Sure, you could glass over the center section, but if you are going to buy a cowl, why not get one that does not need the extra work?

(coming from a guy who makes extra work out of everything)

Pin hole City

Well,one of the many improvements over the years are the new gray glass parts. There a heck of a lot better then the old when it comes to Pin Holes!
RHill

sam james cowl

Look at the sam james cowl as an alternative. I found it easy to install although you will get many views on the forum.

Look at the sam james cowl as an alternative. I found it easy to install although you will get many views on the forum.

Yep, quite easy. And if you go this route. Let me know, I can make the matching plenum cover even easier.

Back