What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Schroth Harness

sjjonesnz

Well Known Member
I'm looking to buy a pair of schroth harnesses for my RV7 (I like the rotary latch) and have a couple of questions....

1) does anyone have any suggestions as to the best place to buy these?
2) I've been looking at Spruce and they advertise a set for the RV6 - is the attachment the same for the -7??

Cheers
Steve

Schroth-- pronounced Schroat, I think, has two divisions at least. Aviation and Auto division. I think you're safe ordering the 6 if they don't offer the 7. Bolt hole size might differ. Only seen them offered at ACS or their Schroth website.

I bought the push button style from the automotive selection for my Souped up RV-4. FWIW

70307055io0.jpg

Look into Crow harnesses if you like rotary latches... for a 1/4 of the price of Schroths...

Yep, I got my rotary latch with my Hooker harnesses. I believe there is talk of a group buy for the Hooker's again here on VAF somewhere.

I sure wish someone would offer these camlocs. They have a rear tab that releases only the shoulder harness tangs, and are thinner than the other camlocs I've found.

I bought mine from Karas Engineering 856-629-0712. They include drawings for mounting to a RV. I'm very happy with them. Wait till the end of the month and you may get Oshkosh pricing.

Doug

pull ups

somebody mentioned pull up belts as compared to the usual pull down.

when i ordered mine I had a choice. I had never heard of pull up until somene mentioned it here.

after 40hrs in a tandem. Man, I wish I could do it over again.

Pull up would work alot better for the lap belts. I can barely push down with my finger tips to tighten the laps.

and I'm thinking pull up for the shoulder harnesses would be better too although acceptable.

one thing that bothers me is on my shoulder harness there is a double stitched area that breaks loose if the belt is over stressed past a certain G force. it is right on my collar bone and even with pads it is irritating. sp?

FWIW

schroth belts

Back