Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmart View Post
Nice! Where did you source the poles?
I bought them used from a local sports store called "Play it Again Sports." They weren't very expensive, as I recall.
Old 08-09-2022, 03:05 PM

Mark is there a way you can share a picture of how you did that modification?
Old 08-10-2022, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill.Peyton View Post
This is what I have been using for 10 years without fail. The pvc length is set for an over-center at the pivot point holding the rudder pedals tightly. A #8 screw and cap nut holds the spar side from slipping.
Be carefull with that. I made one just like that for the 6 and it works great, it even held in the EF1 tornado we had this spring. Figured it was a good design and stood the test of time and made another for the 10 and it let loose one night in Iowa with 35 knot winds. Mine has a 1/2" pin holding it to the spar also. The forces are much stronger in the 10 and the PVC bent just enough to let go. Luckilly no damage to the plane. Re made a similar design with steel tube and that will hold anything. The PVC is fine for moderate winds in the 10, but don't trust it in the nasty stuff.

Larry

Last edited by lr172 : 08-10-2022 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:32 PM

Default Ultimate Gust Lock

https://antisplataero.com/products/ultimate-gust-lock

Check out Antisplat Aero
They are made for each RV and lock "all" of the control surfaces.
I have 2 and know of a few others on the airfield and they are top notch, you cannot move the rudder, elevators, nor ailerons!

Enjoy.

The blood that flows from your finger after you run a #40 drill bit into it is proof that your still alive, cherish it.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:21 AM

Can you explain how the Antisplat holds the elevator at the neutral position. It seems it tries to push the control stick as far back as possible and wedges the rudder pedals against that full elevator up position. Or is there something else that isn't shown that keeps the stick from going all elevator up?
Old 08-11-2022, 11:42 AM

It's not readily apparent but the answer to your question is in the geometry of the attach fixture between the control lock and the stick - it's rigid. The angle between the locking brace arm and the joystick is fixed by the attachment hardware and keeps the stick from going full back when the lock is deployed.

Hop-Along Aerodrome (12VA)
RV-6A - N30YD - Built '98 / sold '20
RV-10 - N130YD - 80 hours
66 years running stock DNA
Old 08-11-2022, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Boyd View Post
It's not readily apparent but the answer to your question is in the geometry of the attach fixture between the control lock and the stick - it's rigid. The angle between the locking brace arm and the joystick is fixed by the attachment hardware and keeps the stick from going full back when the lock is deployed.
Makes sense, thanks. Means though that if users have bent their stick so it wouldn't hit the 310 panel, they are not getting their elevator neutral?

Last edited by ewumnrr : 08-11-2022 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-14-2022, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewumnrr View Post
Makes sense, thanks. Means though that if users have bent their stick so it wouldn't hit the 310 panel, they are not getting their elevator neutral?
Perhaps. I didnít bend mine but did change the sticks geometry a bit to clear the panel. I also modified the fork of the Anti Splat gust lock in order to work with my Approach Control pedals. As a result, yes, my elevator locks in a slightly down position but I really donít think itís that big of a deal. It still locks very tightly and thatís the most important thing for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5485D248-FF48-4B83-9AC1-49D408D25970.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	405.1 KB
ID:	29458  
Portland, OR
2022 dues happily donated
Old 08-14-2022, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastonale View Post
Perhaps. I didn’t bend mine but did change the sticks geometry a bit to clear the panel. I also modified the fork of the Anti Splat gust lock in order to work with my Approach Control pedals. As a result, yes, my elevator locks in a slightly down position but I really don’t think it’s that big of a deal. It still locks very tightly and that’s the most important thing for me.
Nice modification. I am going to do something similar, since one side of my Ultimate Gust Lock slipped off during the storm at Oshkosh.
Miss March 2020
Old 08-14-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastonale View Post
Perhaps. I didnít bend mine but did change the sticks geometry a bit to clear the panel. I also modified the fork of the Anti Splat gust lock in order to work with my Approach Control pedals. As a result, yes, my elevator locks in a slightly down position but I really donít think itís that big of a deal. It still locks very tightly and thatís the most important thing for me.
That looks like a very good mod, thanks for sharing it! This would also avoid the metal to metal contact on the rudder pedal structure.

http://www.rv8.ch/help-people-in-ukraine/