- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 05-16-2019, 12:19 AM

Default GDL-39

Granted, I haven't been paying close attention lately but in looking at Garmin's website I'm seeing only three ADS-B In sources for the Garmin 660. I can't imagine they've made the GDL-39 (3D & normal) obsolete, but have they?

I guess this is a better question to ask Garmin but thought for a quicker answer I'd post the question here.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:57 AM

I am using the gdl39 with the 660. Still worked fine yesterday.
AS1 N777PJ bi wing
Cherokee N4217J
APRS WY0S
Old 05-16-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
Granted, I haven't been paying close attention lately but in looking at Garmin's website I'm seeing only three ADS-B In sources for the Garmin 660. I can't imagine they've made the GDL-39 (3D & normal) obsolete, but have they?

I guess this is a better question to ask Garmin but thought for a quicker answer I'd post the question here.
Hello Mike,

Not sure what your concern is, but Garmin still sells the GDL 39 and has it on its website.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/93601

We no longer sell the GDL 39 3D since the attitude feature is standard with all the new GDL 50/50R/52/52R models and there are not separate "3D" models.

Additionally, a GDL 50 is the same price as a GDL 39 3D with more features standard including built-in battery, attitude sensors, and dual RS-232 ports on all GDL 5X models.

Thanks,
Steve
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:10 PM

Thanks guys. I'd been at the link below (the 660 descriptive pages) and at the bottom, under the title "Compatible Products", the GDL-39 wasn't included.

Clearly I misunderstood something. Wouldn't be the first time. I much appreciate the responses.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/pn/010-01518-00