Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12/RV-12iS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2022, 11:46 AM

I just got the same info from Nick at Stein. They have all my equipment but going to be three months or so before production and testing
Old 06-27-2022, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpd View Post
I have a Finish kit that is promised to crating in the Mid July to early august time frame. There seem to be others with the same schedule - does that mean that Vans has the "batch crating" process implemented?
Yes, check out their February video update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwhtgQOXDkY
Old 06-27-2022, 10:42 PM

Talking Update from original poster: just got my first kit!

When I started this thread, five months ago in January, I had four kits on order: tail & wings ordered during Osh 21, fuse & finish ordered a month later. My tail (s/n 121426, order 179443) went to crating in February, then they ran out of parts and bumped me to early May, then the “3-4 week delay” bumped me to late June.

Good news, though: I picked up my wing kit today! Order 179449, it changed to “assigned to crating” a week and a half ago, just before its crating estimate opened last Monday. I heard from them this past Friday afternoon that it was ready for pickup.

My tail and fuse (order 181713) both had crating estimates that opened today - they were both “assigned to crating” as of last Wednesday, so I’m guessing I’ll be driving back to Van’s again soon. My (order 181714) finish kit’s crating estimate opens July 18.
Old 06-29-2022, 01:31 PM

I just got a bill of lading from ABF and an email about my shipment from vans for my wings… Should be really close to shipping out 😁👍🛫
https://eaabuilderslog.org/?s=SC_Pilot
Old 06-29-2022, 01:40 PM

Sounds like kits are moving! I just received a shipping notice for my fuselage.
VAF Donation Made June 2022
Old 06-29-2022, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshawco View Post
Sounds like kits are moving! I just received a shipping notice for my fuselage.
On your previous kits… at what point in the delivery process do you find out the total shipment charge due? No dollar amount was on my bill of lading.

Thanks,
Jacob
https://eaabuilderslog.org/?s=SC_Pilot
Old 06-29-2022, 02:57 PM

My previous kits have been shipped via Old Dominion and ABF, and the fuselage is coming via ABF. It's taken a day or two from my Bill of Lading notice for the crate to actually be picked up at Van's.

Once it's picked up, the tracking number becomes active in the shipper's tracking system, and then you can inquire with the shipper's customer service (if their online tracking results don't indicate the charge).

With past kits, I've been able to get a "PRO" number from my BoL notices, and I think it's labeled as "Pickup #" for my current Old Dominion shipment.

Worst case, when the shipper calls you to schedule delivery, they will tell you how much you owe. You can typically pay with a credit card during that call, or I've been able to give the driver a check. Some carriers won't allow the driver to accept checks, so I guess credit card payments are required. Keep in mind that different carriers have different payment policies.

As always, your mileage (heh) may vary.
Old 07-06-2022, 08:43 AM

Default Shipping Cost Increase

Both my Tail and Fuselage Kits were shipped via Old Dominion, and the Fuselage Kit is about 20 lbs heavier.

I received the Tail kit in April of 2021 and the Fuselage Kit in July of 2022.

I paid $255 shipping for the Tail Kit and $720 for the Fuselage Kit.
Old 07-07-2022, 06:12 PM

Default Kits on the way...

First post:
On day 3 at Oshkosh 2021, I ordered the Emp and Fuse Kits. Two days later thinking the impending gloom of the supply chain and employee shortages would make getting kits take a bit longer than the estimated 4-month shipping promise (Was I ever right!) I went back to the Van's tent and ordered the wing and finish kits. The following month I ordered the powerplant kit and the next month I ordered the avionics.

Almost a year later still no Emp kit, usually the first or "starter Kit" to arrive!
But on the bright side, A week ago I received my avionics package, followed by an email from Vans that my wing and fuse kits were being forwarded to the crating que, and later that evening another email arrived stating the powerplant kit was in the crating que!
Yesterday, the email came stating the emp, fuse and powerplant kits were processed and ready for pick up! WOOHOO!
Sunday I'm making the trek to Aurora to stuff the van full first thing Monday am.

Builder #121430
Old 07-08-2022, 08:22 AM

Powerplant kit in a van is going to be tough, especially along with any of the other kits.

Glad to see another 'local' -12is build. Good luck with the project, and hopefully see you around some day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayMc View Post
First post:
On day 3 at Oshkosh 2021, I ordered the Emp and Fuse Kits. Two days later thinking the impending gloom of the supply chain and employee shortages would make getting kits take a bit longer than the estimated 4-month shipping promise (Was I ever right!) I went back to the Van's tent and ordered the wing and finish kits. The following month I ordered the powerplant kit and the next month I ordered the avionics.

Almost a year later still no Emp kit, usually the first or "starter Kit" to arrive!
But on the bright side, A week ago I received my avionics package, followed by an email from Vans that my wing and fuse kits were being forwarded to the crating que, and later that evening another email arrived stating the powerplant kit was in the crating que!
Yesterday, the email came stating the emp, fuse and powerplant kits were processed and ready for pick up! WOOHOO!
Sunday I'm making the trek to Aurora to stuff the van full first thing Monday am.

Builder #121430