What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9a: Cal’s build

Thanks again Brian

Thanks again Brian for the expert tips. Been there, done that (second time around) probably really helps. The cs4-4 rivets would have been easier, and very easy with washer backers. I copied how the builder did it on my 2003 rv-9a I own and fly. My brackets and hangers are not in final install mode, and smart thinking in adding k1000 nut plates for LRU servicing. It will be sad closing all this nice access with the fwd top skin. I do plan on putting in vans access plates so I can still get behind the sub panel. My other plane requires upside down gymnastics which are awful as you get older. “Help honey I am stuck” to no reply. It is also a slider so no access even behind the panel, except for where I cut out access plates. Again thanks!

Not a woe - just normal

This is normal for the 7/9, brace yourself, there are much greater challenges ahead, but all doable.

Here are what I did and worked well. There are others in the archives.

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    441.5 KB · Views: 291
Thanks Bill

What an elegant fix. I might put epoxy filler around my “blunt” spacer to make it more elegant and viewer friendly. Really like your solution! Thanks for the tip. Cal

Not a good idea to leave tape in contact with your canopy. As it is hard to get off if in place for long periods. And the glue will chemically etch the plexiglass.
Other than that looks good. Your making fast progress.

RD

Back