What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV7ForMe

Thank you!

Boyd,
I was moved by your story and photo.
Your photo is worthy of the Van's Calendar.
I urge you to submit it.

Without political input, I think we all need an uplifting story like yours.

Way to go.
Daddyman

Hey, thanks for the comment. Glad you liked it. Photo submission is a good idea but too late for this year I believe the deadline was first of October.

Been away for a while...

It's a shame but I keep helping my buddy with his -14A instead of building my own plane. But I did the entire wiring and panel layout. Great fun Really. Makes me wish I was that far already. Love the systems and wiring part of the build.

This is the panel all lit up. I am sure I have learned a lot for mine... well I hope I haven't forgotten all about it by that time.

Panel
download

Sub Panel
download

Also the RV14 comes with a manual cowl flap for the new IO-390 EXP119... Well I kind of wanted an electric version so I came up with this setup. Works great. Kind of funny because it used to be such a debate if RVs need a cowl Flap and now that Vans has done it... Well My RV7 will have one for sure. I do not see the downside of having the option for extra air.

Linear actuator with some self made spacers and a Deutsch TM plug (love these)
download

Open Position
download

Closed Position
download

The RV-14 is already all painted and we are moving to the airport this week. She is really 99% done now.

I love that sub-panel. Where do I get a knob that allows me turn down the volume of traffic? It would be great to get some of the traffic out of the way on returning home on a Saturday afternoon.

Simple potentiometer

I love that sub-panel. Where do I get a knob that allows me turn down the volume of traffic? It would be great to get some of the traffic out of the way on returning home on a Saturday afternoon.

Hi, glad you like it. It depends where the audio source comes from. In this case this is a single COM ship so there was no need for an Audio Panel. The Traffic input is connected to a simple potentiometer on the way to the radio AUX input. If you have a systems where this is possible I will be happy to help you with the wiring or at least show you how I did it. Feel Free to PM me.

If anyone else cares for the LED Dimmer I used the same potentiometer with a buck converter to prevent the LED from Flickering.

Back