What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kitplanes Exclusive RV-15 Coverage!

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
With the RV-15 sitting in the Van’s booth, welcomed by a crowd that reminded us of Lindberg’s appearance in Paris, we were given the OK by Van’s COO Greg Hughes to release the link to our exclusive magazine coverage of the RV-15. Kitplanes has been graciously given unprecedented access to the development process by Van’s and it is time to share it with the world!

Here are all the details we have been keeping secret for the past several months….

https://www.kitplanes.com/vans-rv-15-on-top/

Paul

Nice article, Paul. I didn't see any mention of floats, did you happen to ask?

Personally pretty disappointed they're not officially supporting a 2+2 seating configuration, When I saw the rear windows I was almost certain they would. Based on the pictures of the baggage area I'm confident there's plenty of room and there will be a good aftermarket solution.

Nice article, Paul. I didn't see any mention of floats, did you happen to ask?

Personally pretty disappointed they're not officially supporting a 2+2 seating configuration, When I saw the rear windows I was almost certain they would. Based on the pictures of the baggage area I'm confident there's plenty of room and there will be a good aftermarket solution.

A video with Greg Hughs that I just watched said 2+2 or a 3rd seat were being explored and floats were in the works.

The more I see, the more I’m convinced they will offer a ‘child seat’ type option for the back. There is simply too much competition in the 2 seat backcountry market for them to not.

Very fine article Paul. It really covers so many questions.

I saw it in the raw yesterday and attended the first forum. The airplane aside I was really impressed with the RV15 Technical Team, the attention to detail, and quality of approach to the design. Vans has come so very far as a company and shows no signs of a plateau.

Thank you!

Great work Paul and the Kitplanes team. Appreciate your coverage for those who can't be there, particularly for the people overseas.

Great Article

Paul, you and the Kitplanes team have made this a great homebuilding magazine. I find a helpful article in every issue. I am constantly clipping articles and saving them for later.
The RV 15 article was remarkable to see what Vans goes through for a new design?
The articles on canopy fiberglassing were also amazing; this series filed in the knowledge that I needed as a first time homebuilder.

Again, a big Thank You to you and the team.

Back