Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > RV Firewall Forward Section > Propellers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by tkatc

So I am wondering if you are endorsing the product BECAUSE they are a sponsor or because you truly think its the best prop available for the RV series??

Here are the reasons the advanced composite propeller is the best propeller for an RV. The simplest being weight savings, which in turn allows more fuel/baggage capacity. Second is the static thrust is greatly improved. I sense this at takeoff power settings, aerobatics and increased braking performance.
Being a composite material affords you ?some? field repair considerations.

Lastly, is my opinion, it looks fantastic.
Hartzell's advanced composite propeller
Old 07-22-2014, 03:45 PM

Default Asbestos Not Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by strahler13 View Post
TK, watch out. Put on your asbestos.

Mark
I know that Tad's comment was "short and sweet".
I know that Hartzell is a sponsor of Team AeroDynamix.

I **ALSO** know that Hartzell makes fine props. (Most of the props that were replaced with the Hartzell Advanced Composites model were Hartzell metal.)

I **FURTHER** know that many of the team members have waxed poetically about the "bite", the pull, the braking, the smoothness, the weight and the "beauty" of that prop.

This has been done in "closed company" (only team members around). So nobody there to impress.

Finally, although I have affiliation with the team, I do NOT fly with one of the props (wish I could!!! :-) ), but I have flown on my plane, Ed Sterba, MT, Catto and metal Hartzell props. When I flew Widget's RV8 with one of these props (on an ECI 370 Stroker), it was SMOOOOOTH!!! Way smoother than my O-320 with Hartzell metal CS.

It has been implied at times before that if there is a relationship between companies and people here that a positive post or comment *may* not be as warranted. I believe that just about everyone on this forum will only say positive things that they really believe and about products that they really believe in.

Finally, finally, :-), any vendor that puts their product out there for testing, evaluation, abuse by one or many probably believe that a) they have a good product and that b) microscopic exposure will make it even better.

This post is in no way meant to reflect negatively about the person to whom I am replying. Not at all. It was simply an opportunity to say something that has been on my mind for months.

James
RV6, RV8 Flying
RV6A Hoping to get back to finishing soon
APRS
Old 07-23-2014, 09:22 AM

I believe it's the best prop out there for the RV series. If you can afford it. Priced in line with other composite constant speeds. Faster than the typical benchmark prop, the 7497.

Oh, and completely supported for the foreseeable future. <- that bit is the most important.