-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 03-03-2021, 10:28 AM

I've probably ordered 4 times in the last two months. The recent freeze definetely caused problems. Otherwise, I appreciate - and have had very good luck - selecting which facility I get materials shipped from in the last year. A definite improvement.

It takes way too long to get things exported out of California to Texas. Georgia or the Texas facility to Houston is two, sometimes three days with standard shipping.

Houston
Old 03-03-2021, 10:56 AM

Hey I got one for you.
Don't ya love it when you order something from X supplier and they say not in stock, won't be till 2 months later, so you cancel order and move on and order from somebody else that says they have it in stock.
THEN both arrive in three days. Like WHAT is going on here.
Ordered some exhaust for a race car back in November supposed to take a month or so. We haven't got it yet. Get notifications from UPS. IT"S on it's way. Someday.
But that said I have placed a dozen orders With ACS in the last month or so. Got them in a reasonable time line.
Ain't life fun now?? At least we can still order from Amazon. Ha Ha
Art
WOW Must be magic. Posted yesterday about exhaust not being here and when I got home from hanger. It was on my front porch. Cool. Now time to install and go Vroom VROOM !!
Ya I know it's not airplane related but I've been working on my RV-6A for the last few weeks and I need a distraction.

Last edited by abwaldal@gmail.com : 03-04-2021 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Forgot info
Old 03-03-2021, 10:58 AM

Shipping issues are something that is a problem right now across all industries. As are supply issues and lead times. I have had some molex pins on order since nov (not with acs) and they have pushedthe expect date back 4 times, they now say June. That part is what it is and the vendors really canít do anything about it. My complaint is when they say in-stock and it isnít. That all on them, itís their IT and inventory controls system. Iíve never had that problem acs and I hope that itís not a trend.

Bob burns
Rv-4 n82rb